We were very lucky to have a visit from Dave's parents in mid-May. We hadn't seen them since before they left for their mission to Ghana almost two years ago. I was nervous about the weather since it was predicting rain, which it did for the first two days, but afterwards it was beautiful! With the late start we've had on Summer things weren't very green yet, but we still had a good time showing them around our small town.
The kids were very spoiled by all the attention and are still asking when they're coming back to do puzzles, play play dough, go on walks to the 'boat' park, and the beach. They were so great to play with them while I was able to get some much-needed work done for the apartments! Karen also sewed Corey's quilt that I'd been in the process of for some time. What was a pile of flannel blocks (I guess I did have four of twenty rows sewn) when she arrived was complete and on his bed before she left - she's amazing! And Corey is so proud, showing everyone that comes over!
They participated in our local clean-up day and picnic where Karen won a drawing prize and treated us all to ice cream cones with her gift certificate. She also won a certificate to the local health food store for a smoothy - which she gave to me for some 'me time.' I haven't used it yet, but have a feeling I'll need it sometime in the next six and half weeks until this baby comes!
Below you'll find the pictures (LOTS - my new camera came while they were here) from their visit. Also, I have to mention - please excuse the messy bookshelves behind our dining table; we had just put them together and were waiting for one more to arrive...they do not look like that now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment