Monday, January 7

September - Santa Barbara

The Alaska Media Roadshow was in Santa Barbara, California this last September. Dave and I decided to extend his "business trip" a few days on each side and make a vacation out of it. We left the kids with mom and dad and had a wonderful time celebrating our 5th Anniversary! We started out in a little town called Solvang; an awesome little Danish town outside of Santa Barbara.

I had just begun a Black & White photography class at the community college, so there will be some jumping around from black and white, scanned photos, digital, and color.

The first photo above is a picture looking down at a beach from the road - there had been a fire about three weeks before we arrived. It was fun to walk around and see what was left (see tree photo below); however, we did not stay long upon discovering that just around the rocks in a little cove there was a nude beach. One of the participants, an older gentleman, approx. 70, made his way over to say hi while I was searching for shells. It was time to go!

The last half of our trip we spent at the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara (middle photo above). It was a lovely resort. On the day of the Roadshow I very much enjoyed reading by the pool and walking the beach while Dave was in his meetings.


*We also celebrated Kali's birthday this month. See her part post below!

No comments: