Sunday, February 28

Practice.




I recently purchased a new lens for my camera. There is a bit more of a learning curve than I was anticipating but I've been working with it in my limited free time...all of these above were taken in automatic without flash. I'm not a fan of flash and am hoping to learn more about setting the ISO, aperature, and shutter speed to further reduce the blur/fuzzy edges. I'm really looking forward to an upcoming vacation and of course summer - to practice even more in better natural light. Ours is really "white" because of all the snow!

*edited: after looking over the photos again I do believe the flash was on for the second to last photo...her shirt is just a bit too bright.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Michelle, your children are absolutely beautiful! As is the photography :)

aubreyannie said...

lucky to have gotten your new lens. i think the shots look great! i am a hater of flash too..and we live in a town of constant dim lighting so sometimes flash is the only thing i can do. beautiful pictures, michelle!!

Mandee said...

The picture's turned out good. I have a Nikon D60 and I love it. I don't know much about them but I'm trying. It's fun to always have good picture's though. Plus you can delete if needed or even edit. Tecnology is amazing.

The Leishman Family said...

We are wanting a nice camera so bad! Sooo since you know what you are doing & your pictures always look great, maybe once we get ours you can show me the ropes! :)