Thursday, November 5

Halloween!


We didn't do Halloween very wholeheartedly around here this year. Kali was a super cute witch for her class party/costume parade at school. Corey chose to reuse an old costume and go to her party as a pirate (I don't know why I don't have any pictures). We did trick or treating to the businesses after school that Friday. For about 20 minutes - the wind was blowing between 50-75 mph. The weather is insane. I can't remember a time that we didn't have snow on the ground for Halloween. Halloween day I cleaned out the kid's room and Dave worked on the shed he's expanding for the property we manage. We carved pumpkins and watched 'Race to Witch Mountain' that night and all turned in early.

5 comments:

The Fairbanks Clan said...

I thought that was kind've odd not to see snow on the ground, but that makes it a little nicer not to trek thru snow. I love catching up on what you guys are up to. Miss you lots, if you are ever in Utah let me know and I will meet you somewhere so our kids can meet!

The Leishman Family said...

It was super cold here too...good thing Kyran is too young to know any better! :) Cute pumpkins!

The Ragsdale Family said...

Oh My Gosh! Did my mom let you borrow that dragon stuff on Kyle?! I haven't seen that in years. I didn't even know she still had it.

I don't miss having to wear jackets and everything else that ruins the costume. At least there wasn't any SNOW!!

Michelle said...

We actually got the dragon stuff from a friend in Anchorage when Kali was just a bit older than Kyle is now. They've all loved it! I know what you mean about the coats and such covering up costumes. Halloween has never been my favorite so it's not such a bummer for me, but I'm sure the kids would like to go trick or treating in their actual costumes!

rachel said...

That sounds like a great Halloween! I am glad it was a Happy one for everyone!