Tuesday, March 11

It's A BOY!!!
Of the three this is the first time I've been wrong...I was just sure it was a girl (I even purchased fabric to make 'her' quilt in Anchorage last weekend). We are so excited to be adding another little boy to our family! I could have cried seeing the expression on Kali's face - one I'll never forget. She had her heart set on a baby sister. She's come around to the idea of her and I being the only girls though; and she LOVES babies so much she's just happy to be getting one at all!
As much of a challenge as Corey's been for me (see post below for one example) - I didn't know if I would be able to handle another boy. But I am thrilled that Corey is getting a brother - he NEEDS one and Kali NEEDS him to have one! :)

8 comments:

Lindsay AJ said...

Congrats Michelle and Dave! I agree on the Corey needs a brother thought. Boys need someone to wrestle with. Didn't you know, the minute you buy something for a certain gender it guarantees the opposite! ;)
Next time you are in town (and have time, I know that is usually never with those wirlwind trips) give us a call!

aubreyannie said...

yay!!! congratulations. this is so great, i was just thinking how when i get pregnant next i soo hope it's a boy. this will be awesome! i am excited for you guys!

Melissa said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!!

Smedley Family said...

Congrats you guys! It was good to see you guys! Give us a call the next time you're in town, we'll have time for games next time :)

PS - You left a water bottle here, so now you'll have to call us next time :)

Jayci said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! Which fabric store did you go to here? I'm still just learning the streets, so any recommendations on stores and such are welcome! Congrats, again. :)

Michelle said...

There is a JoAnns on Dimond and in the Northway Mall (this one is the best) - turn off the highway onto Bragaw or Airport Hights and that'll get you to the mall. That's the only place I really shop for fabric. I'm not much of a sewer; I just make flannel rag quilts for my kid's beds because you can be so imperfect with those! If you're into Jewelry making there's a cool bead store in a little strip mall at the Tudor and Lake Oatis intersection. Anything else just let me know...we'll have to get together one one of these times we're over there!

Welcome to Alaska!

Michelle said...

P.S. Jayci

The first comment on the top of this page - there's a good chance you're in their ward (her hubby is Bishop Johnson - they're aweseom!) if you live on base/post. I did hear from friends last weekend though that all military will be going to Eagle River stating in a few weeks!

Melissa said...

congratulations guys! hope corey feels better soon.