Thursday, April 19

It's been a year.

A little over a year ago my sweet baby girl was diagnosed with Henoch-Schonlein. It was a scary time with frequent trips to her doctor and the hospital lab - pretty much every day for three weeks. Finally she was admitted to the hospital for iv fluids and only then did she get better. This picture was taken almost two weeks after she was released her legs were still swollen with arthritis but she had gained a little weight back. The recovery was long, she tired very easily, we kept her home from church for eight weeks giving her immune system time to recover and build back up before going back to nursery.

BUT the reason I'm writing this is because we are celebrating now - her doctor told us that if she didn't have any recurrences within a year then she was no more likely to get it again than anyone else. I think she'll always be on the petite side, but just recently she's put on a few pounds and finally looks really healthy to me...I love it. We are incredibly blessed.

3 comments:

aubrey said...

wow. i never really knew the whole story of what was going on. poor little kali. but that is GREAT news. congratulations!!

liz said...

she is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle :)
She is so gorgeous !
I'm sorry she had/have it. :(
Kisses for u guys !